Author Topic: Pink Phone cache, GC2GE04 log deletions....  (Read 3758 times)

bluelamb03

• Administrator
  • Big Time Cacher
  • Good hunting everyone!
Pink Phone cache, GC2GE04 log deletions....
« on: October 13, 2010, 22:17:52 »
Be careful what you say about "Pink Phone cache" http://coord.info/GC2GE04 by ChooChoo1996 from Sudbury.

I found the cache only because of the 'spoiler' photo posted by Killer Kowalski! It's a nano cache, the co-ordinates are over 10 meters off, and at the time the cache description didn't make it clear that it was placed with the permission of the business owner. My initial log was less than complimentary, and got deleted. My next two logs, and some emails exchanged with the owner, attempted to discover exactly what it was that he objected to......  I think ChooChoo has got a very thin skin.

Suffice it to say it's a crappy nano cache in an unprepossessing parking lot, the co-ords are bad and it's right at the window of a shop. If you find it you'd better praise it to the skies or risk getting your log deleted.

As for me, I'm tired of negotiating with ChooChoo, the next deletion sends us to the appeals process.

Blue -
Without shared stories we are strangers.
- Sheila Mendonça

kirok

• Administrator
  • Big Time Cacher
  • "To boldly find what no cacher has logged before!"
    • Binthair Challenge
Re: Pink Phone cache, GC2GE04 log deletions....
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2010, 22:34:15 »
I hope it was made clear to the reviewer what their plan is for cache maintenance, otherwise I don't see how it even passed first inspection with the owner living so far away.   

graciious

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2010, 06:43:02 »
I didn't understand the maintenance either. I know the location and I wouldn't try to put a cache in that spot myself.  There is nothing but numbers that would bring me to that area of town.

bluelamb03

• Administrator
  • Big Time Cacher
  • Good hunting everyone!
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2010, 08:41:26 »
It was the "closest to home" at the time...

According to ChooChoo the cache is at the front of a business owned by the his brother, on property he owns, and his son attends school in Ottawa and will maintain the cache. All fine, I'm sure...

Blue -
- Sheila Mendonça

The_BOD

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2010, 08:46:56 »
I guess we'll all have to upgrade our GPS'r as the owner recommends it.

Why in the H%*& would an owner of 356 found caches not listen to recommendations from cachers with 4500+ and 8000+ caches is beyond me.  And to top it of, taunt them letting them know all is fine and that it's YOUR problem.     priceless.

I got my resolution from a certain cacher (same problem) but at least he seems to be learning and putting out better caches.  I hope you'll have yours too (if the 3rd one gets wacked that is... )

::)
« Last Edit: October 14, 2010, 10:38:10 by The_BOD »

missbug

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2010, 10:23:42 »
you mean 'upgarde'? ;)

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2010, 17:55:36 »
Wow... I signed the freaking nano log and went away with the cache... Now what? This guy is laughable.

« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2010, 18:59:20 »
I was sarcastic! He accused us of stealing the cache after finding it. I couldn't believe it. If I was going to take it and throw it away, I wouldn't have signed the log...

I'm pretty sure his brother just didn't find the container in the spot where it used to be and thought it was gone. Oh well...

graciious

« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2010, 19:39:23 »
I need a nano.. I will check out the location, if I find two I will keep one.. lol! ;D

bluelamb03

• Administrator
  • Big Time Cacher
  • Good hunting everyone!
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2010, 08:53:08 »
I dropped by last night with Model12, 3-Bearss, FlyGuy35 and RDL Trekker and there was one nano in place. We searched around incase the first one had dropped on the ground or something, but no luck, there is only the one...

Blue -
- Sheila Mendonça

« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2010, 09:16:39 »
Was it near the ground at the corner of the flat metal plate and the pipe (on the window side)?

bluelamb03

• Administrator
  • Big Time Cacher
  • Good hunting everyone!
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2010, 10:03:31 »
Was it near the ground at the corner of the flat metal plate and the pipe (on the window side)?

Yep, and that's where I found it too....

Curious.

Blue -
- Sheila Mendonça

« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2010, 10:17:12 »

Yep, and that's where I found it too....

Curious.

Blue -

I'm flabbergasted.

geonerding

« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2010, 16:04:30 »
Hmm...we stopped by this one this last night as it is close to home...we didn't find a nano so much as a nano log in a small 2' x 3' ziplock baggy tucked behind the pipes.... :-\

Is it just me or does there seem to be a rash of bad containters/places recently?

Amanda

« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2010, 16:24:13 »
Hmm...we stopped by this one this last night as it is close to home...we didn't find a nano so much as a nano log in a small 2' x 3' ziplock baggy tucked behind the pipes.... :-\

Is it just me or does there seem to be a rash of bad containters/places recently?

Amanda

I think someone is playing games with the CO... Bad for everyone. Someone really stole the nano container and log the first time? Then (probably) the same person stole the nano container and left the log in place in a ziploc bag?

Was the log the original one (containing the FTF log)?