Author Topic: Oregon 550 - locking to road + log attempt on marked waypoint  (Read 2038 times)

missbug

hm.. over the past couple of days, my triangle on my map is locking to roads and trails as i approach a geocache. the distance to destination continues to decrease but my tracks and triangle stick on the path. if i turn off the unit and power it back on, the problem is corrected, but only for that cache. anyone else experience this? oregon wikispaces is blocked at work  :P i don't know what i did differently. it happens when i have ibycus topo enabled or OSM routable maps enabled. both/each.

also, i used to be able to perform a log attempt from a waypoint i marked inside a puzzle cache (to add solved coordinates). 3-bearss showed me this feature way back and i just noticed it's not working either. i have the latest firmware on my replacement 550.... maybe it's the export macro i used in gsak (GarminExportBeta 1.3.17)? suggestions anyone? thanks!
« Last Edit: October 14, 2010, 10:19:26 by missbug »

Pokaroo

Re: Oregon 550 - locking to road + log attempt on marked waypoint
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2010, 21:25:44 »
I used to be able to perform a log attempt from a waypoint i marked inside a puzzle cache (to add solved coordinates). 3-bearss showed me this feature way back.

Can you explain this feature as I am not sure I know about it.

missbug

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2010, 10:16:02 »
it's not as glamorous as it sounds.. you still have to enter solved coords or final coords manually, but if you use the icon at the bottom of the cache description page that looks like an X with a flag on it, it marks a waypoint based on that cache, so it sort of links that new waypoint to that geocache. i thought i used to be able to navigate to that new waypoint and when i got there, i could perform a log attempt without having to go back to the original posted coordinates geocache. does that make sense? for some reason it's not working now..
« Last Edit: October 22, 2010, 10:32:15 by missbug »

Pokaroo

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2010, 10:30:11 »
Interesting... when I get my 550 back from Tayutech I'll give it a try and let you know...

3-Bearss

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2010, 17:45:17 »
It's easier to use the NEW "Next Stage" feature when doing a multi or mystery cache with the Oregons now.  8)

Pokaroo

« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2010, 12:10:08 »
It's easier to use the NEW "Next Stage" feature when doing a multi or mystery cache with the Oregons now.  8)

Is this a Mickey Mouse feature or am I missing something. Can you only do one next stage at a time. It seems to create another Geocache called "Next Stage" which you have absolutely no control over. Can you put the solution to a puzzle in next stage for more than one geocache at a time??? As I see it you still need to create new waypoints for the puzzle solutions if you want to do this before the fact. So, I am having a hard time understand what good this feature is. Also,  you do not seem to have any after the fact history.

missbug

« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2010, 12:21:20 »
it's not about the 'next stage' button. it's just 'mark waypoint' at the bottom of the cache description page. i dont know why it doesnt work anymore.

my issue with locking to road has since been solved (yippee!).