Author Topic: Working on a caching streak, post it here  (Read 3950 times)

junglehair

Re: Working on a caching streak, post it here
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2010, 19:46:12 »
Tromelin and I just completed our 100-day streak, and we did it in style - we found TWO binthair caches today!  Not sure how much longer we'll keep this streak going, but I know we have to find a cache tomorrow for Tromelin for the OBG Bingo Challenge.  That's Manitoba's version of the Finds by Day challenge here.

CocaColaCacher

• Sr. Cacher
« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2010, 15:30:26 »
Survived my Disney trip with two NY caches for the travel days and the 6 virtual caches at Disney for the six full day we were there.  The 5 virtual at the parks were fairly easy to get but the one at Wilderness Lodge was a bit of a trek.  On day 6 we went to Downtown Disney for the morning and I headed off to Wilderness Lodge around noon via bus.  Got the first photo, had some lunch, got a bus over to the campground side for photo #2, took the boat to Magic Kingdom and then a bus back to the hotel.  All of this took about 2.5 hours but it had to be done.  Streak still going at 61 days.

kirok

• Administrator
  • Big Time Cacher
  • "To boldly find what no cacher has logged before!"
    • Binthair Challenge
« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2010, 17:36:54 »
Completed my 100 day streak today.  Mixed feelings on this for me as it was actually taking the fun out of caching and turning it into a chore.  That should never happen with something you love to do, so for that aspect I'm happy it's over.  The flip side is that it was an interesting challenge and a test of will to see if I could actually accomplish it.  The icing on the cake will be when I grab that 5/5 challenge cache.  A canoe ride would be mighty chilly right about now, so I may wait until the water freezes and simply walk across.  Then again, someone else might just convince me to paddle out there soon.

It'll be weird getting home from work tomorrow and not having to rush back out to find a cache.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2010, 19:41:47 by kirok »

CocaColaCacher

• Sr. Cacher
« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2010, 19:32:55 »
Yes, I agree.  It is starting to take some of the fun out of caching (although I'm still having a good time).  Looking forward to GAG for a fun weekend.  I'll do some "fun" caching Mon and Tues before going back to work on Wed.

I'm planning on getting to the 100 mark for the challenge cache, I'll be there early Dec.  I'm sure we could get a few people organized once things freeze over and have a mini mob, this would probably be best even if just for the safety of a group to go across to the island.

lacwitt

« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2010, 22:22:34 »
Just a warning, and I plan on updating the cache page soon, I'm not sure, with the dam so close, how well the river freezes over there.  It is fairly shallow, but it is also quick.  All I can say is use your heads and caution, and don't go alone.

missbug

« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2010, 09:40:03 »
congrats to those who completed 100 days in a row!  :D

today is day 228 for me and i'm starting to have a hard time juggling work, homework, home ownership and caching! i'm trying for 365.. that sounds like a long way off still but i know it'll be very rewarding. send good vibes!  8)