Author Topic: 62s Firmware Update  (Read 1674 times)

graciious

62s Firmware Update
« on: October 20, 2010, 08:23:45 »
I am under the impression that a new firmware update is available for the 62 series.  I still haven't done the first firmware update and am running on the original software, anyone know how safe this update is..  I haven't been able to find good or bad information about it.

I also don't know who is running around out there with a 62, besides Kirok and Myself.

kirok

• Administrator
  • Big Time Cacher
  • "To boldly find what no cacher has logged before!"
    • Binthair Challenge
Re: 62s Firmware Update
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2010, 16:24:44 »
If you're happy with the way it's working for you now, then wait a while longer.  I upgraded, and have had the unit crash on me twice since then.  After one crash, it erased all my cache data. 

Sad little device so far.  I'm sure they'll fix all the bugs in the end, but until then I always carry my 60 with me as a backup. 

ocm_ott

Re: 62s Firmware Update
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2010, 08:49:33 »
If you're happy with the way it's working for you now, then wait a while longer.  I upgraded, and have had the unit crash on me twice since then.  After one crash, it erased all my cache data. 

Sad little device so far.  I'm sure they'll fix all the bugs in the end, but until then I always carry my 60 with me as a backup. 

I'm a little surprised at all the issues the 62 is having. Being the fourth machine into the new software generation (Colorado->Oregon->Dakota->62) I would have thought they would have ironed out the kinks by now. I expected the Colorado to have bugs being the first of the new machines, though I'm kind of angry with Garmin having dropped all support of it just a year and a bit after it was released (which was the reason for my Delorme experiment).