Author Topic: NCC P4...any one else notice anything about this area...  (Read 10501 times)

marvin_gardens

• Full Time Cacher
Re: NCC P4...any one else notice anything about this area...
« Reply #30 on: November 05, 2012, 19:40:57 »
After reading the logs from Secret Garden, I left it to complete during the winter months. 

waxwing454

• Jr. Cacher
« Reply #31 on: November 05, 2012, 21:24:39 »
 This story made headlines today....as well as the car taking a dive into a swimming hole on Baseline this morning.  I saw it...floating on my way past this morning. 

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa/story/2012/11/04/ottawa-public-sex-pinhey-forest-trail.html

dggram, Dgrl130 cambold and I were in the Pine Grove Trail parking lot last week and noticed a couple of cars which promptly left soon as we arrived. 

My neighbour (who introduced me to this "hobby" called gee-ocka-ching) told me that he'd googled the NCC parking lots on Timm Drive which is how I found out about its reputation.  Last time I was there, I was with three other people in the dark, at 8:00 at night, being sent on a wild goose chase...safety in numbers!

waxwing454

• Jr. Cacher
« Reply #32 on: November 05, 2012, 21:33:18 »
The name of my soon-to-be-archived GAG15 cache now seems strangely appropriate.
Funny how it was originally intended as a reference to a Simpsons quote.

And yes, I have noticed single men loitering, sans-GPS, in the wilderness.
When I grabbed 'The Secret Garden' this past March, I noticed a lone male, loitering perhaps 40m from me.

How can you be so sure they were single?  ;D

Lemmy Caution

« Reply #33 on: November 11, 2012, 23:50:37 »
I swung Generation Ct./Treadwell Rd. (off Ramseyville Rd) today hoping to get some tags for Maximum Surprise.  As I got the to end of the road I noticed a parked car.  Thought it was hikers and started to pull up beside. The windows were steamed up and as I got along side the car I noticed a straight couple in the back seat going at it.  What to do???   I decided to pretend I didn't notice, quickly got out of the car and headed up the trail.  When I came back they were gone.  I looked around and saw many old used condoms and kleenex'.  Seems this couple weren't the only ones to park here.  I wonder if this was what binthair had in mind when he called this cache Maximum Surprise.    :o
« Last Edit: November 12, 2012, 00:10:03 by Lemmy Caution »

yukonshawn

« Reply #34 on: November 19, 2012, 22:26:17 »
The "activities" mentioned in this thread, and in the recent news, are now also occurring by night.
I guess the news served as an invitation of sorts, rather than as a warning...

When I parked at P15 (Pinhey Forest parking lot), there was nobody else there.
When I returned to my car shortly after 9:00pm, there was one additional peaked vehicle containing a lone man.
Another vehicle, again, with a lone man, pulled in.
One of the men got out and approached the other vehicle.

Something tells me they weren't geocachers.
I didn't care to stick around and have them confirm my suspicions.