Author Topic: Geocoin Race Announcement  (Read 2820 times)

graciious

Geocoin Race Announcement
« on: October 28, 2010, 12:02:21 »
  • Please only reply to this post to announce your entry.
  • Please PM me with the Tracking ID#, Your Name, Picture of Coin if possible.

All coins will be released into the wild on the 30th of November 2010 Participants can bring their coin to the event or drop the coin into a cache after 6pm on the day of release.  This is just for fun. to see how far our coins can travel in a year, this is not a race to or from a specific destination.  Any questions, comments or concerns please let me know and I will try to address them.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2010, 12:29:28 by graciious »

portera

• Big Time Cacher
  • Yes, I probably should be working...
Re: Geocoin Race Announcement
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2010, 12:25:52 »
Not to be critical, but that race will be a bit of a time warp. My coins are only equipped to travel forward in time...  ;D  :o

graciious

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2010, 12:28:02 »
Bahahaha!  I saw that mistake and fixed it but uploaded the wrong photo. :(  

EDIT: Fixed it!
« Last Edit: October 28, 2010, 12:30:25 by graciious »

missbug

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2010, 13:13:20 »
ok do we just bring any newly activated coin with 0 miles to the meet n eat on nov. 30th then?

hidnseek

• Administrator
  • Sr. Cacher
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2010, 13:41:54 »
The 'not moving a competitors geocoin' may be tricky as one may not know who competitors are or who owns the geocoins  when it is picked up, unless they all have a similar info sheet with them. 

"I have to go. I'm conducting a seminar in multiple personality disorders, and it takes me forever to fill out the nametags."
— Niles Crane (David Hyde Pierce)

graciious

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2010, 08:47:40 »
POSTPONED UNTIL THE NEW YEAR

I don't believe I will be able to make it to this months meet and eat, and I doubt I will be at the meet and eat in December.   in addition to this I haven't received a single PM to indicate anyone was interested.   I thought the topic was dead until Missbug replied. So with all that in mind, I will try and do something in the new year as it is something that I want to do, I just don't have enough time for.

Thanks.

missbug

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2010, 09:28:21 »
ok :) good luck in your affairs!  ;D

RDLtrekker

• Full Time Cacher
  • Just one more....!
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2010, 11:52:19 »
the only reason I did not reply is... well... I don't have any coins to circulate. Hopefully in the new year, I will have aquired a new TC and will be able to participate (so, kinda glad about postponement...  ;) )
Just one more... :) !

graciious

« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2010, 12:01:22 »
Ya I didn't have a coin either..  Well, I did have one but used it for another purpose without thinking.  In any event.  I will get some in the new year.

Starkiller

« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2010, 15:16:25 »
If your looking to race SNC style... I have some SNC coins for sale!

Think global, buy local  ;)

http://www.nation.on.ca/images/Site/Image/SNC_GEOCOIN.JPG

CocaColaCacher

• Sr. Cacher
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2011, 13:15:23 »
Any chance this is going to go ahead?  I've been sitting on a few new coins since christmas with the purpose of using them in a race.

graciious

« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2011, 15:19:49 »
I don't have time for to much geocaching atm.  I won't be putting this on anytime in the near future.  Feel free to start one up if you want.  Life before caching means I will be lucky to get the one day off (Feb 19th) to take a hike with COG.  After that I don't even know if I will be able to start my plans for cache a day in March 1st 2011 to Feb 29th 2012.   :-\ 

It's just so hectic. :(

missbug

« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2011, 15:59:51 »
i'll race ya, paul!! i'll pick my ugliest coin so it doesnt get stolen ;)

CocaColaCacher

• Sr. Cacher
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2011, 19:25:05 »
I figured that starting this myself would be an option, no problem with that.  I'll apologize in advance, this will be my first time organizing such a thing. ???

OK, now what, open to suggestions.  Want to keep this simple so likely just go for total distance as displayed on the GC site.  I guess we'll need to set some ground rules.

I'll aim for a start time of the end of March (or possibly April).  Tax season is a little busy at work but I'll at least try to get this started and worry about how to track them once they are in the wild.  Might be looking for a web coder to make a tracking page, (while I am a computer geek, a web coder I am not).

Let me know what you think and/or if you are interested.

missbug

« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2011, 21:50:46 »
sure! whatever works is cool with me. keeping it simple always works though :D