Author Topic: Geocoin Race Announcement  (Read 3047 times)

CocaColaCacher

• Sr. Cacher
Re: Geocoin Race Announcement
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2011, 11:01:49 »
I haven't forgotten about this, working on the anouncement and rules.  I'll publish something by the end of the month.  Make sure you have some new coins and TB's ready (you'll have time to order some if you don't have any).

This will probably be a "trackable" (coin or Dog Tag) race.  Trackable will have to be released in to the wild (not a name tag or personal milage trackable).

I'd like to have an idea as to how many people would likely participate so I can determine how many items will be in the race.

Would people like a prize for the winner(s), maybe a small participation fee ($1 per trackable) or will the pride of having the winning trackable be enough.

Please let me know and feel free to offer any other suggestions/ideas/advice.

cavecats

« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2011, 11:54:52 »
I'd like to have an idea as to how many people would likely participate so I can determine how many items will be in the race.

Would people like a prize for the winner(s), maybe a small participation fee ($1 per trackable) or will the pride of having the winning trackable be enough.
I'm very interested and have a few coins willing to travel  ;D
I personally don't need a prize, just the recognition of the WIN a year from now at the Monthly Meet and Eat would suffice thank you  :P
but I would be willing to fork over a $1 or $2 entry fee.

« Last Edit: March 22, 2011, 11:56:57 by cavecats »

RDLtrekker

• Full Time Cacher
  • Just one more....!
« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2011, 20:38:55 »
Same here... I have a coin I was going to release during my upcoming trip, but I can save it for the chance to win bragging rights  ;D I also would be willing to pay $1-2 entry fee...
Just one more... :) !