Author Topic: What macros do people use in their GSAK?  (Read 12023 times)

hidnseek

• Administrator
  • Sr. Cacher
What macros do people use in their GSAK?
« on: August 12, 2010, 14:26:43 »
Share how you personalize your GSAK experience with what macros you use.

"I have to go. I'm conducting a seminar in multiple personality disorders, and it takes me forever to fill out the nametags."
— Niles Crane (David Hyde Pierce)

dcmg

Re: What macros do people use in their GSAK?
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2010, 15:05:48 »
GSAK micros

Eeeek, Clyde is hiding very small versions of his SW in the woods?

Here are my top macros:

PqLoader retrieve emailed PQs and load them into various GSAK DBs
GarminExport export cache info for paperless caching on Garmin Colorado, Oregon, Dakota, and GPSMAP 62 or 78 GPSrs
GPX_by_Cache_Type export cache info for paperless caching on Garmin Nuvi GPSrs
FieldNotesImportAndLog Import Field Notes from Garmin and Delorme GPSrs
WptsToChildren convert wpts that you have imported from your GPSr to Child Wpts for specific Parent Caches (save all those field computed wpts from multis or puzzles)
FindStatGen3 it's not about the numbers  ;D
AddLogs get all the logs for the caches you own
PlacedPq optimize the dates for your Placed by Date PQs
Review for Archive Interactive review of "old" caches

As always, scroll to the last post in the forum topic to make sure you get the latest version.

--DCMG
« Last Edit: August 13, 2010, 17:20:59 by hidnseek »

tcort

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2010, 09:15:26 »
Share how you personalize your GSAK experience with what macros you use.

I use BadgeGenBeta and FindStatGen40Beta on a regular basis. When I'm looking for caches with a terrain/difficult combination I haven't found before, I run FizzyBrowser.

3-Bearss

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2010, 18:55:02 »
Hmmm macros good!

1. GarminExport.gsk ... loads Oregon 300 - Thanks DCMG
2. FindStatGen3.gsk ... produce stats for our page
3. NewBrunswick_County_Tagger.gsk
4. NovaScotia_County_Tagger.gsk
5. PEI_County_Tagger.gsk
6. Ontario_County_Tagger.gsk
7. Quebec_County_Tagger.gsk
8. CountryStateCounty.gsk
9. GetElevationsUSA.gsk

We used GPS Send feature to load the GPSMap60CSx
« Last Edit: August 13, 2010, 20:28:29 by 3-Bearss »

dcmg

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2010, 19:04:03 »
1. ColaradoExportBeta.gsk ... loads Oregon 300

Note that the ColoradoExport macro and the beta version are now called GarminExport as the gpsmap 62 and 78 are now supported as well as the Dakota.

--dcmg

tcort

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2010, 19:51:07 »
1. ColaradoExportBeta.gsk ... loads Oregon 300

Note that the ColoradoExport macro and the beta version are now called GarminExport as the gpsmap 62 and 78 are now supported as well as the Dakota.

--dcmg

What are the benefits of using the Export macro?

GSAK seems to work fine for loading caches onto my Oregon 300. Though I did setup a filter to limit the number of caches and types of caches.

kirok

• Administrator
  • Big Time Cacher
  • "To boldly find what no cacher has logged before!"
    • Binthair Challenge
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2010, 20:02:19 »
I've only just started using the export macro as I now own a 62, and I must say it's a nice little tool.

I like the option of adding additional waypoints as POIs iinstead of waypoints, with proper names etc...  The attributes of a cache (winter friendly, etc...) can be added as the top log in the log list, making them visable on the device where the GPX file normally does not contain them. Having my found caches and placed caches added as POIs in separate databases all in one motion is nice, instead of loading individual GPX files for each set. 

JSDAFM

• Jr. Cacher
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2010, 10:13:14 »
I use elevation.gsk for the elevation of my caches in my DB.
KMLCircles.gsk - plots the caches with a 161 circle around it and sends that to a kml files (viewable in google maps and earth)
Lonelycaches - useful when searching caches that you have already found and looking at the previous found date to your found date and based on the # of days between.
PlacedPQ - A macro that finds the most optimum dates to use the make a pocket query of all my unfound caches in the DB
GCSE - Garmin Custom Symbol Export (I modified it a little bit for my preferences but it's pretty well the same)
Plus use a few already mentioned here..

HoundGPS

« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2010, 15:06:21 »
I mainly use these three :

• FindStatGen3.gsk
    To generate my stats and badge page.
  • BadgeGen.gsk
    As a retired WoW player I say: Achievements, Achievements, Achievements! While I don't only think of geocaching in terms of numbers, I do like the twist that these badges add to the sport!
  • myGMEv3.gsk
    This is a nifty macro! Since I like keeping the data in my GPSr tidy, even tho I have over 800 waypoints loaded at all times, I delete found caches on it everytime they are up in GSAK and on geocaching.com and I also only transfer caches that I have useful coordinates for. I don't transfer over unsolved mystery caches to my GPSr as this is pointless. But GSAK is indeed a powerful tool. For example, when I do have time to solve puzzles, I use the "Corrected Coordinates" functionality in GSAK to apply good coordinates to those I've solved. No worries, the originals are still there and updating your waypoint from a new GPX load will not erase those. This is later helpful when I want to go out caching since I created a filter called "Solved Puzzles" which only lists waypoints with corrected coordinates. After that, its just a matter of sending those to my GPSr and printing a map using the myGMEv3.gsk macro to see where all the solved puzzles are and plan a more efficient route to go get them :) Even though geocaching is not about the numbers, having an efficient itinerary is always welcomed when it comes to reduce time waste and fuel usage.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2010, 15:09:47 by HoundGPS »

dcmg

« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2010, 09:35:37 »
And now that I also have Geosphere for my iphone, I found

Export_nn_GPX.gsk

which allows you to export all the caches in your db or filter out to a series of .gpx files. Geosphere limits imports to 4000 caches per gpx, so if you are like me and have not found enough caches, you need to split up your db into multiple .gpx files. This macro allows you to specify how many caches per file, what export settings to use, and where to put the files (right into my Dropbox folder for me).

--dcmg

fradjoh

« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2011, 12:43:57 »
I use:

CacheRoute.gsk:  Creates a route for selected caches.  This way we know we're taking the best route (which wasn't always the case before).

Google_Map_V3.gsk:  Show selected caches on a map.  Very useful.  It can also turn into street view.

fradjoh

« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2011, 17:33:35 »
While poking around, I noticed that the macro: GarminExport.gsk now produces a fake first log which lists the attributes of the cache.  Here is a result sample:

According to GSAK, this works for Garmin Oregon, Colorado,  Dakota, Montana, GPSMap 62 and 78.

I've tested it successfully on my Oregon 300.

Update:  I just noticed that the macro has been doing this for a long time  It's still very useful.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2011, 17:53:53 by fradjoh »

kirok

• Administrator
  • Big Time Cacher
  • "To boldly find what no cacher has logged before!"
    • Binthair Challenge
« Reply #12 on: December 25, 2011, 00:05:13 »
Yes, it has been doing this for a while now, and I agree it is very helpful. 

BlackRose67

• Big Time Cacher
« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2012, 22:40:08 »
6. Ontario_County_Tagger.gsk
Anyone know where I can find this GSAK macro?

A search on the web or on the GSAK macro library is giving me any hits, just references to it's use.

cd.cuts

• Full Time Cacher
« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2012, 00:53:29 »
Follow the instructions here:
http://www.centralontariogeocachers.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=1445

However, if you are interested in all of Canada, the US and some European countries, you might as well use the following macro instead: CountyStateUpdate.gsk. You can find that one at:
http://gsak.net/board/index.php?s=2ddd7d67dae1b1ec939966e8b1001040&showtopic=17292&st=0&#entry121079