Author Topic: 2010 Christmas present cache  (Read 4828 times)

GreyingJay

Re: 2010 Christmas present cache
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2010, 17:43:21 »
This is getting off topic. Sorry!  Lets discuss the Christmas Cache.  Are we supposed to bring presents to exchange?

I don't know about this particular one, but in the past, that has been the tradition.  Think "really really nice swag".  Wrapped, of course.  I'd probably say between $5-25 value.

kirok

• Administrator
  • Big Time Cacher
  • "To boldly find what no cacher has logged before!"
    • Binthair Challenge
« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2010, 17:44:33 »
This is getting off topic. Sorry!  Lets discuss the Christmas Cache.  Are we supposed to bring presents to exchange?

We'll let Sakidoo answer that one as it is her event.  Tick & Nammie did this in the past, but their idea was more geared around a permanent physical cache.  I'm guessing that even if Sakidoo wants to do this, GC.com would not allow it to be mentioned on the cache page, so it would have to be done here on the forums.  The tough part is that if some people bring their kids and gifts, while others bring kids and no gifts...  Recipe for disaster.

Either way, I'm in!!!  8) 8)

graciious

« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2010, 18:26:36 »
I had really hoped to make this event my 500th cache. Unfortunately I won't be able to make it to this event, and likely won't reach 500 by the end of the year either.  With just 18 caches to go, I have been down and out since Sunday with a kidney stone...  After two days I thought I was in the clear but my kidneys answered back with vigor and I am again in bed with more pain.

The Demoral (sp?) hasn't kicked in so I am writing this message while I am still awake.  Have a good time, and I am sorry I will miss it.

:( - graciious

CocaColaCacher

• Sr. Cacher
« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2010, 08:56:16 »
I should be there today.  If anyone is up for a run out to L.A.D.I.T.H. (night cache) http://coord.info/GCG5M2 afterwards please let me know.  I was thinking of going afterwards.

search 4

« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2010, 13:03:28 »
Thanks to the forums I just found out about this event yesterday.  Unfortunately, we already have plans for tonight and showing up smelling of campfire would likely be a bad thing.

I don't suppose that this event will last throughout the Holiday season with the gift exchange available beyond tonight?

bluelamb03

• Administrator
  • Big Time Cacher
  • Good hunting everyone!
« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2010, 20:39:39 »
I don't suppose that this event will last throughout the Holiday season with the gift exchange available beyond tonight?

No, it's a one time event but just after Christmas is the "CCC Meet & Eat - December 2010" by Canada's Capital Cachers (GC2K448), http://coord.info/GC2K448, where you can exchange gifts once more!

Blue -
Without shared stories we are strangers.
- Sheila Mendonça