Author Topic: 100th day of caching today  (Read 3356 times)

bluelamb03

• Administrator
  • Big Time Cacher
  • Good hunting everyone!
Re: 100th day of caching today
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2010, 10:48:55 »
Kudos! As Narcissa said, this is not an easy thing to accomplish even with the many caches published this year.
I hope your marriage survived your milestone!

Blue -
Without shared stories we are strangers.
- Sheila Mendonça

waxwing454

• Jr. Cacher
« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2010, 08:53:51 »
I had a tough time with my schedule getting to seven consecutive days to qualify for a conditional cache.  100 + is incredible.  Big KUDOS to you for your determination and also your family's cooperation in this drive to #100.  I have a feeling that you will keep going and going until at least the end of 2010.  Why stop today????

CocaColaCacher

• Sr. Cacher
« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2010, 11:56:40 »
Actually, Thursday's meeting counted as #101 and then that was it.  Friday I did some shopping at lunch and on the way home to pick up the kids after school I realized that I hadn't got a cache yet, and you know, it was a nice feeling to not have to get one.  My goal was to get to 100 so I could get the "100 day challenge" cache and I reached that goal.

I figured I'd probably go for a few more days but knowing that there was no way I was going to make it to the 365 day mark, the only reason to continue the streak would be for my personal satisfaction and honestly there wasn't much of that left.

As someone remarked earlier this year, working on a streak can take some of the fun out of caching.  I'll tell you, by the time GAG15 came along I was so happy to just get out and cache just for the fun of it.  I thought about saving some of the GAG caches for my streak but then thought, NO, GAG caches are for GAG weekend so I went out and logged over 40 of them.  :D

I didn't cache this weekend, combination of being on-call for work, watching the kids and the bad weather.  I did get some yesterday at lunch though.

Now I think my goal is to not beat my streak of days "not" finding a cache which is 6 days.  :P

junglehair

« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2010, 19:38:44 »
I just noticed this thread.  Congrats CCC on completing the 100 days caching challenge!  Let us know when you plan to go for the Challenge Cache - we're interested in trying to get that this winter too.

Nano Bearss

« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2010, 12:10:15 »
Congrats!  That's a very impressive accomplishment!