Author Topic: Dec 14 downtime making way for what?  (Read 3984 times)

inkyfiller

Re: Dec 14 downtime making way for what?
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2010, 21:57:12 »
I don't know where you only see Imperial.  I've been using mygeocachingprofile.com for a while now.

It displays both imperial and metric.

-NG

Thanks for that - I I looked a little closer and you are absolutley correc.  Thanks NK
Inky

inkyfiller

« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2010, 20:56:37 »
Only imperial on the new stats section, but people in the Forums are asking for metric - Don't suspect it will be too far off.  Inky

missbug

« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2010, 14:06:02 »
i LOVE the new stats tab on everyone's profiles!!

i learned something today i've been wanting to know for a while.. heh heh

portera

• Big Time Cacher
  • Yes, I probably should be working...
« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2010, 14:11:19 »
i learned something today i've been wanting to know for a while.. heh heh

Do tell!

bluelamb03

• Administrator
  • Big Time Cacher
  • Good hunting everyone!
« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2010, 14:17:10 »
i LOVE the new stats tab on everyone's profiles!!

I'm not so happy with it. I'll keep CacheStats on my profile page.

Blue -
Without shared stories we are strangers.
- Sheila Mendonça

portera

• Big Time Cacher
« Reply #20 on: December 22, 2010, 14:25:34 »

I am very happy with the stats that the GSAK macro provides. The GC one is a bit sketchy by comparison. It's nice to not have to use a separate program though.

kirok

• Administrator
  • Big Time Cacher
  • "To boldly find what no cacher has logged before!"
    • Binthair Challenge
« Reply #21 on: December 22, 2010, 19:57:51 »

I'm not impressed with it either.  I like keeping track of my own stats, and having the ability to publish only what I want and/or care about.  Thankfully, they've provided the option to hide the stats page via an option in your profile settings. 

bluelamb03

• Administrator
  • Big Time Cacher
  • Good hunting everyone!
« Reply #22 on: December 23, 2010, 10:20:36 »
There is one thing about it I like, you can 'update' your stats at the press of a button (though it takes a few minutes to complete).
The stats tab on your 'user profile' page displays the latest stats, and seems to get updated nightly, but you can click on 'statistics' at the top of the 'Your profile' page and find the "Update My Statitics Now" button.

If you're in a hurry, I guess...

Blue -
« Last Edit: December 23, 2010, 10:35:12 by bluelamb03 »
- Sheila Mendonça

graciious

« Reply #23 on: December 23, 2010, 10:23:03 »
There is an option somewhere to "opt out" if you don't want others to see your stats.  I know a few COG members were discussing this.

portera

• Big Time Cacher
« Reply #24 on: December 23, 2010, 10:29:28 »
There is one thing about it I like, you can 'update' your stats at the press of a button (though it takes a few minutes to complete).
The stats tab on your 'user profile' page displays the latest stats, and seems to get updated nightly, but you can click on 'statitics' at the top of the 'Your profile' page and find the "Update My Statitics Now" button.

If you're in a hurry, I guess...

Blue -

It seems like it updates after you do a log. When I found my calendar cache last night, and logged it, my stats were updated immediately. I wish they had bought the GSAK FindStatsGen guys out though...

bluelamb03

• Administrator
  • Big Time Cacher
  • Good hunting everyone!
« Reply #25 on: December 23, 2010, 10:34:34 »
My other issue with it is that it lists "Finds furthest from home", "...Furthest East" etc, but permits the use of Virtual and Locationless caches for those categories, which renders them meaningless. I've never been to Sweden.....

CacheStats allows users to select and exclude caches from these calculations specifically so Virtual and Locationless caches don't bugger up the stats.

And why would I 'opt out' of the statistic tab? Especially since I already place my stats on my profile page?

Blue -
- Sheila Mendonça

graciious

« Reply #26 on: December 23, 2010, 11:04:21 »
And why would I 'opt out' of the statistic tab? Especially since I already place my stats on my profile page?

The automatic stats from GC are nice, but I don't really care about alot of the information like caches per month, cumulative finds, yearly breakdown, cache types, container size, and home location stats.  I may not necessarily want everyone to know all those details.

Therefore it would be in my best interest to opt out of the stats and continue to post them in my public profile the way I do now. 

If you don't opt out you will have a list of stats on your main public profile page and an additional stats tab that potentially displays different information.