Author Topic: Magellan Toughcase  (Read 1213 times)

carven04

Magellan Toughcase
« on: December 18, 2010, 10:25:17 »
In the recent Groundspeak, the magellan tough case was advertised as being able to transform your ipod into a gps unit - independant from wifi signal - also makes your i-phone more accurate with the apps etc.   Anybody have any more info on this - ie does it really work and how well -- seems like a good tag along to my 60 and for 99 bucks it is cheaper than buying new gps to go paperless --

graciious

Re: Magellan Toughcase
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2010, 10:55:34 »
In the recent Groundspeak, the magellan tough case was advertised as being able to transform your ipod into a gps unit - independant from wifi signal - also makes your i-phone more accurate with the apps etc.   Anybody have any more info on this - ie does it really work and how well -- seems like a good tag along to my 60 and for 99 bucks it is cheaper than buying new gps to go paperless --

I have never seen it that cheap, I will have to take a second look. My understanding is that, there was just a sleeve for the iPod touch, I was sure it wasn't available for the iPod 4th gen yet though. Any chance you have an available link?

carven04

Re: Magellan Toughcase
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2010, 11:36:20 »
not available for 4th versions only 2&3 for ipod -- was in last groundspeak newsletter  -- 99.99 - use code "geocachewithtoughcase"    Sounds like a cheap way to go as most have an ipod anyway --