Author Topic: A TB for hockey fans...  (Read 1120 times)

Redpoll

• Full Time Cacher
  • Aut viam inveniam aut faciam
A TB for hockey fans...
« on: January 02, 2011, 14:30:29 »
I picked up an interesting trackable Pucki the Ice Tiger (TB2JQCY) while in Victoria in late November. The owner would like it to visit cities that are "famous for excellent ice-hockey." http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.aspx?guid=01a4ef24-3415-4af9-8aad-8cfef8d052a4

I managed to have it visit the Rogers Arena in Vancouver, the Pengrowth Saddledome in Calgary, and the MTS Centre in Winnipeg.  I was also fortunate enough to have it attend a Senators game in mid December.  The TB owner was quite grateful for the fun photos of Pucki's hockey-related adventures.

Of late, I've been dipping it in the caches I've visited, but would like to release it soon to continue its travels.

Are there any hockey fans out there who would be willing to get it to Montreal for a picture at the Bell Centre or perhaps to Toronto for a visit to the Air Canada Centre?  I have no trips to Montreal in the future, and it may be a several weeks yet before I am in Toronto.

If anyone is interested in helping this trackable along, please PM me.  Otherwise, I'll place it in an Ottawa area TB hotel and see how it fares on its own.
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam

portera

• Big Time Cacher
  • Yes, I probably should be working...
Re: A TB for hockey fans...
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2011, 16:01:18 »
As a die-hard Sens fan, I would be appalled if this poor little fellow had to endure the horrors of the Air Canada Centre and its no class tenants. Montreal is only slightly better... ;)

yukonshawn

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2011, 17:35:35 »
If excellent hockey is what you're seeking for the TB, keep it away from Scotiabank Place.
I though Wednesday's game was appalling until I saw the first period yesterday versus the Leafs.

Why not try bringing it to a cache near the Rona Centre?
The 67s are tearing the OHL up pretty good this season.
Its nice to see that we have ONE professional hockey team in this city.

kirok

• Administrator
  • Big Time Cacher
  • "To boldly find what no cacher has logged before!"
    • Binthair Challenge
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2011, 22:44:43 »
Please keep the thread on topic.  If you'd like to move this TB, please let adh-yow know.  If you wish to debate hockey teams, there are plenty of forums on the internet for that.  Thank You.