Author Topic: eXploristGC  (Read 1512 times)

elyob

• Full Time Cacher
eXploristGC
« on: March 08, 2011, 20:57:19 »
Are there any suggestions for how I might get waymarks descriptions from the web site to my eXploristGC?  Loading the .GPX file gets me only title and co-ordinates.

hidnseek

• Administrator
  • Sr. Cacher
Re: eXploristGC
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2011, 07:28:15 »
I have tried and have not found away.  I have spoken to Magellan and they are looking at adding it.  If I hear more will share.

"I have to go. I'm conducting a seminar in multiple personality disorders, and it takes me forever to fill out the nametags."
— Niles Crane (David Hyde Pierce)

elyob

• Full Time Cacher
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2011, 08:51:49 »
Thank you!

JoMari

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2011, 09:00:28 »
Just tried with my exploristGC and I get the description of the waymark on it when I downloaded the individual Waymark GPX file and loaded it from GSAK. I tried to bulk load them on my Garmin before using a GSAK database and found that if you check off multiple Waymarks and download the GPXlite file, you don't get all the information with it. I found it had enough information to go out and find them though. With the GPXlite it tells you the waymark name, coordinates, and the category name in the "placed by" spot. The only thing is I haven't got the Waymarking symbol. On the explorist it shows up as "?" unknown cache type, on my Garmin it shows up as a little treasure chest.

elyob

• Full Time Cacher
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2011, 18:12:03 »
YES!  Thankyouthankyouthankyou.