Author Topic: NCC Trails Not Showing Up In MapSource  (Read 2642 times)

Tegiro

• Jr. Cacher
    • Descendants of Bertrand Chesnay
NCC Trails Not Showing Up In MapSource
« on: March 22, 2011, 09:44:22 »
I have a new computer with Windows 7 OS.
I have tried many times to get the NCC trails to show up on my Garmin MapSource on my computer.
I have successfully installed Ibycus 4.0 and OSM World routable (for Ontario)

But, even following all instructions I cannot seem to get NCC Trails to show up on my Mapsource.
When I go to Mapsource>Utilities>Manage Map Products NCC Trails does not show up.

I have used both .bat files to install the program, I guess that is the 32 bit version and the 64 bit version.
Would clicking on both of those bat files have created a problem?

Anyone have any idea where my problem is?

Thanks,
Tegiro
« Last Edit: March 22, 2011, 09:46:37 by Tegiro »

CocaColaCacher

• Sr. Cacher
Re: NCC Trails Not Showing Up In MapSource
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2011, 11:08:33 »
Same here, couldn't get NCC trails on my Win 7 box.  Got them installed on an old Win 98 computer so I use that to do my mapping.  I'd like to get them on my Win 7 computer, installed in to MapSource and/or BaseCamp would be nice.

dedale

• Baby Cacher
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2011, 11:23:57 »
"I have used both .bat files"

Sounds to me you have an old version. Have you tried: http://pages.videotron.com/dedale/
Please note that I never tried with Windows 7. Let me know if it works!

Tegiro

• Jr. Cacher
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2011, 19:33:52 »
I downloaded NCC Trails 2010-04-01 zip file and followed instructions but it won't show up in MapSource.
Has anyone else used NCC Trails in MapSource under Windows 7?

Perhaps I'm missing a step, but I won't know until I find someone who has successfully used it in Windows 7.
I already have NCC Trails loaded on my Garmin 60Csx and Nuvi 359. I just wanted to load them onto my MapSource in windows 7.

Cheers,
Ron

"I have used both .bat files"

Sounds to me you have an old version. Have you tried: http://pages.videotron.com/dedale/
Please note that I never tried with Windows 7. Let me know if it works!

RDLtrekker

• Full Time Cacher
  • Just one more....!
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2011, 20:46:41 »
I have Windows 7 and have upload the NCC maps in MapSource. Although I can't see the map in MapSource (displays as a beige box when I select that mapset), it loads just fine as a transparent overlay on my Oregon. Hope that helps... ;)
Just one more... :) !

Tegiro

• Jr. Cacher
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2011, 21:04:09 »
Well....I must be missing a step somewhere because I can't even see it in the pulldown menu for mapsets or in the utilities>manage map products. >:(

I have Windows 7 and have upload the NCC maps in MapSource. Although I can't see the map in MapSource (displays as a beige box when I select that mapset), it loads just fine as a transparent overlay on my Oregon. Hope that helps... ;)

Tegiro

• Jr. Cacher
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2011, 11:12:17 »
I deleted all pertinent files to NCC Trails and began all over again.
for some reason this time all appears to be ok.
I really don't know what step(s) I missed before but I am glad all is working fine now.

Thanks to all,

Cheers,
Tegiro

Well....I must be missing a step somewhere because I can't even see it in the pulldown menu for mapsets or in the utilities>manage map products. >:(