Author Topic: Backlight on the 62s  (Read 1524 times)

graciious

Backlight on the 62s
« on: May 03, 2011, 06:51:51 »

Does anyone know how to modify the percentage of backlight to be used?  There is a feature on the device where you push the power but once to display the date, time and backlight information, push it again and it turns the backlight to 50% and a third time to move the backlight to 100%, then one last time returns the backlight to the off position.

For some reason, my device goes from Off to 99% then 100% and I don't know how or when it started doing this.  Before I reset the device to factory settings I was hoping someone could tell me how to change this feature.

Thanks in advance.

The red-haired witch

Re: Backlight on the 62s
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2011, 07:19:33 »
I don't have a 62, but judging by other Garmin models, there must be a place in the settings menu where you can adjust the backlight to exactly what you want .  Is it possible that the sequence of the power button is "info, "custom backlight", 100% backlight, backlight off"?  In which case "custom backlight" might have been set at 50% by default, but was changed to 99% at some point, and you can probably change it back.

Anyway, just a theory...

model12

• Administrator
  • Big Time Cacher
  • Rifling through your cache
    • SteveHanes.com
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2011, 11:50:27 »
Maybe its like the 60s? At each button push you can 'up or down arrow' to adjust the setting...?
Steve

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.”
- Dr. Seuss

graciious

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2011, 12:15:47 »
Thanks for the ideas.. I don't have the 62 in front of me but will try it as soon as I get home.

graciious

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2011, 19:24:39 »
Ok problem solved.. I must have adjusted the custom marker at some point, and increased the 50% to 99% by pressing up while on that screen. I easily readjusted the level with Model12's suggestion.