Author Topic: TB Shipment  (Read 997 times)

graciious

TB Shipment
« on: May 06, 2011, 12:08:24 »

Curious to know if this has happened to anyone, and what you did about it.   I grabbed a TB in hopes I would have something to take with me to Vancouver, and someone (not the owner) emailed me and asked me to mail it to him, and in return he would send me some other coins and TB's to pass around here.

It's a white jeep, so not sure if they are special or not anymore but maybe someone can give me their thoughts on this paticular problem.

portera

• Big Time Cacher
  • Yes, I probably should be working...
Re: TB Shipment
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2011, 13:02:26 »
If he's not the owner, I wouldn't do it unless he got the owner to contact you first.

bluelamb03

• Administrator
  • Big Time Cacher
  • Good hunting everyone!
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2011, 13:17:50 »
The 'owner' is the Jeep marketing department, you're not able to send them an email. The white Jeeps were from the 2005 marketing campaign, and that contest is long over, so I'm wondering what this guys wants with it.

I don't necessarily believe he has bad intentions, I 'find' Diabetes TB's and geocoins (154 and 24 respectively so far), but it seems odd to make such an offer to someone you don't know.....

Blue -
Without shared stories we are strangers.
- Sheila Mendonça

graciious

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2011, 13:23:30 »
He's from germany too.. so post might be more than I want to spend. lol

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2011, 16:13:07 »
He's from germany too.. so post might be more than I want to spend. lol

You get a special icon (a colored Jeep) with finding these and it was mostly spread in the US/Canada. Europeans might want to get a hold of some, or just collect them (as their legitimate owners are not going to mail them to release the TBs).