Author Topic: iPhone Groundspeak Geocaching App (v4.5)  (Read 1696 times)

goobiegoo

iPhone Groundspeak Geocaching App (v4.5)
« on: July 05, 2011, 22:30:03 »
For those of you that have the Groundspeak Geocaching App on your iPhone/iPod/iPad, you'll want to upgrade your version today to see all the new goodies!

model12

• Administrator
  • Big Time Cacher
  • Rifling through your cache
    • SteveHanes.com
Re: iPhone Groundspeak Geocaching App (v4.5)
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2011, 15:27:39 »
I just updated my iTouch OS (and temporarily lost all my apps and data - recovered now) so that I could then installed GC.coms latest version of it's Geocaching app.

Sadly, the ability to access and download your own uploaded gpx files from GC.com has been overlooked in this version, and that was the one feature of the app that I used everyday. It's a noted oversight they are 'investigating.'

They HAVE included the ability to put a downloaded cache (singly) into whatever 'list' you choose. About time.

They still have not included a way to search for a cache quickly in any 'list.'

Closer to Geosphere, but still far from as user friendly. They have relocated the buttons for various features just to keep you further confused.

That tantalizing 'Send All' button must be what keeps iTouch users buying this app. Geosphere is far better for in-the-field data management.
Steve

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.”
- Dr. Seuss

bluelamb03

• Administrator
  • Big Time Cacher
  • Good hunting everyone!
Re: iPhone Groundspeak Geocaching App (v4.5)
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2011, 15:44:49 »
Closer to Geosphere, but still far from as user friendly. They have relocated the buttons for various features just to keep you further confused.

That tantalizing 'Send All' button must be what keeps iTouch users buying this app. Geosphere is far better for in-the-field data management.

I concur, this app is far inferior to the GeoSphere App except that you can log directly from the field. Since I usually edit my logs anyway, it's difficult to wax eloquent while typing with one finger, the 'field note' you get from GeoSphere is more than adequate.

Just my $0.02,

Blue -
Without shared stories we are strangers.
- Sheila Mendonça