Author Topic: My Geocaching Profile Website - for those with no GSAK skills  (Read 3202 times)

bluelamb03

• Administrator
  • Big Time Cacher
  • Good hunting everyone!
I discovered http://www.mygeocachingprofile.com/default.aspx thanks to Tromelin's profile page, http://www.geocaching.com/profile/?guid=56389f75-0969-412f-9922-41de51b2561c which has a good demonstration of the end product.

If you want statistics for a challenge cache or just for fun but don't use GSAK or haven't mastered the means of extracting data from it yet, the "My Geocaching Profile" website allows you to upload an 'All Finds' PQ and extract all sorts of data from it. You select which statistics are important to you and what stats to display if you want to make them public on your profile page. You just copy the html onto your profile page if you wish.

Cheers,

Blue -
Without shared stories we are strangers.
- Sheila Mendonça

GreyingJay

Re: My Geocaching Profile Website - for those with no GSAK skills
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2012, 14:29:37 »
I do something similar using a Windows program called CacheStats (by LogicWeave). Download a My Finds PQ, load it in, and you'll see lots of fun stats, and have the ability to copy/paste some HTML code for your profile (see mine on GC.com as an example).

BlackRose67

• Big Time Cacher
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2012, 16:52:13 »
I used My Caching Profile until I discovered the FindStatGen3 GSAK macro.

There are sections of My Caching Profile that I like that I haven't found or figured out if it exists in FindStatGen3.

bluelamb03

• Administrator
  • Big Time Cacher
  • Good hunting everyone!
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2012, 23:09:38 »
Yes, it has things like a Jasmer grid (look it up) and the Delorme challenge maps for every county in the US. It would be nice if some of that functionality covered Canada too....

Some of these bizarre stats are unavailable from other stats generators, so unless you're a GSAK wizard it's the quick and easy answer.

Blue -
Without shared stories we are strangers.
- Sheila Mendonça

BlackRose67

• Big Time Cacher
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2012, 23:51:29 »
FindStatGen3 has the Jasmer Grid; it's called "Finds by Placed Month".
I discovered that one tonight while tinkering with the macro after logging the nights finds.

I came across a cachers blog yesterday where he had caching profile stats produced by a couple different tools.
FindStatGen3 and My Geocaching profile were the two prominent ones he used.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2012, 23:54:29 by BlackRose67 »

kirok

• Administrator
  • Big Time Cacher
  • "To boldly find what no cacher has logged before!"
    • Binthair Challenge
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2012, 23:27:03 »
I have yet to find a challenge that required a find on a cache PLACED every day of the year.  FindStatsGen has a "Finds by Placed Date" grid, which when I turned on a few months ago, was shocked to see that I have every grid filled in except December 11.    I'll have to rectify that someday soon.

lostinthegarden

• Jr. Cacher
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2012, 21:22:58 »
I have yet to find a challenge that required a find on a cache PLACED every day of the year.  FindStatsGen has a "Finds by Placed Date" grid, which when I turned on a few months ago, was shocked to see that I have every grid filled in except December 11.    I'll have to rectify that someday soon.

There's one in Montreal (Laval): http://coord.info/GC35QGH. We did it last May.  When we first checked our grid, we were also very surprised to see how full it was.  We had just two dates to fill - we found one in Ottawa before heading to Montreal, and found the last one we needed in Laval during the same trip.  For December 11, this one looks like a good bet: http://coord.info/GC2K8BJ

kirok

• Administrator
  • Big Time Cacher
  • "To boldly find what no cacher has logged before!"
    • Binthair Challenge
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2012, 21:53:20 »
Sweet!  Thanks LITG!