Author Topic: Valpin's CCC Cacher Stats page - time to let it go?  (Read 11129 times)

JoMari

Re: Valpin's CCC Cacher Stats page - time to let it go?
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2011, 18:31:20 »
I think this would be a great idea. Another vote for it.

cipher78

« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2011, 18:48:44 »
+1 for Kirok

Marc (scout_toujours)

« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2011, 19:04:53 »
I like the stats page, if you make a new one include me in it :)

Babushka_Qc

« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2011, 19:44:26 »
We totally agree with the idea of local forum-based stats, including milestones.

And, Lisa, I will try to log sooner than I do now ....

kirok

• Administrator
  • Big Time Cacher
  • "To boldly find what no cacher has logged before!"
    • Binthair Challenge
« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2011, 01:11:57 »
I've had a BETA page up and running for a while now, but I have not done any work on it in months.  It is functional, and up
updates finds nightly as other stats sites have before, but adding and removing users is not user friendly yet as I was simply adding them manually to the database myself.   It was / is a pet project that looks like I will need to resurrect soon.  Here is the Beta currently running under my domain:

http://www.mikron.ca/cccstats

PLEASE refrain from asking to be added to the list until I/we "deploy" the list live into the wild.  Also, please do not link any other pages to the stats page at my site, as the live version will likely be deployed somewhere here on the CCC domain.

Cheers.

cd.cuts

• Full Time Cacher
« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2011, 01:51:31 »
Thank you Kirok, your replacement stats page looks great! (Looking forward to be added once the page is ready to be deployed to the CCC website)

In the old stats page, I liked the columns "Member Since" and Last 7/30 days.
It was giving a brief insight as to how long the person has been caching and whether they are still active or taking a break.

Is it a lot of work to add those columns to your own page?

Xira

• Full Time Cacher
« Reply #21 on: July 30, 2011, 07:07:41 »
Here's my vote, too!

I concur with cd.cuts. I like the 7 and 30 day listings.

I think that on the old page, "found yesterday" seemed to really be "logged yesterday", so someone catching up on logs could suddenly seem to have had a very energetic day, when in fact a look at their profile showed no finds yesterday at all. This is a very low priority request, but could that column and any similar ones really be 'found'?

Xira

bbrimacombe

« Reply #22 on: July 30, 2011, 08:13:04 »
I like the beta stats page too.  I also like that the picture at the top of the page includes both sides of the river.

bluelamb03

• Administrator
  • Big Time Cacher
  • Good hunting everyone!
« Reply #23 on: July 30, 2011, 09:25:06 »
I think that on the old page, "found yesterday" seemed to really be "logged yesterday", so someone catching up on logs could suddenly seem to have had a very energetic day, when in fact a look at their profile showed no finds yesterday at all. This is a very low priority request, but could that column and any similar ones really be 'found'?

Xira

The problem is that the Stats Page can only update by 'looking' at the GC.com profile of that person and adding anything they've logged since the last update. So if they've logged nothing for a week, then post seven days of find logs in one session, it looks like they did a wack of caches the day before.

Blue -
Without shared stories we are strangers.
- Sheila Mendonça

royfran

• Full Time Cacher
« Reply #24 on: July 30, 2011, 13:51:07 »
Big thumbs up to Kirok's stats page but I do agree that, if it's not too much work, the "Member since" and 7 / 30 days columns are useful indicators of a cacher's activities.

Pibelle

« Reply #25 on: August 01, 2011, 13:51:44 »
I like the "Last 7/30 days" columns on Valpins page as well.  If that feature can be integrated into the new page, looks like a winner to me.

Thanks Kirok for setting this up, and thanks to Valpin for all the work maintaining his site for the past several years.  Both are much appreciated.

Redpoll

• Full Time Cacher
  • Aut viam inveniam aut faciam
« Reply #26 on: August 02, 2011, 07:07:31 »
I thought I'd chime in too.  Having a resource to see who's doing what in the region is most welcome, so it's hat's off to Valpin for developing and maintaining his page for as long as he did.

Many thanks Kirok for putting together a new leader board.  It looks great -- making great use of a representative panoramic shot and the "new" logo.  Only tweak I can see, as others have suggested, is the addition of columns for loggings within the past seven/thirty days.

Well done Kirok!
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam

missbug

« Reply #27 on: August 02, 2011, 08:01:46 »
And, Lisa, I will try to log sooner than I do now ....

;) heehee

nice job, kirok! thanks!!

royfran

• Full Time Cacher
« Reply #28 on: August 03, 2011, 22:11:34 »
Wouldn't you know it, the robot heard us talking about replacing it and woke up.  Still hasn't picked me up though  :-[

portera

• Big Time Cacher
  • Yes, I probably should be working...
« Reply #29 on: August 08, 2011, 09:39:00 »
I like Kirok's page too. I especially like that I jumped 13 spots higher ;).

So, as long as no one can be added that has more finds than me, then I'm good!  ;D