Author Topic: Rechargeable Batteries - Sanyo's Enloop NiMH AA batteries  (Read 19191 times)

kirok

• Administrator
  • Big Time Cacher
  • "To boldly find what no cacher has logged before!"
    • Binthair Challenge
Re: Rechargeable Batteries - Sanyo's Enloop NiMH AA batteries
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2010, 16:41:54 »
Most chargers will recharge any brand batteries, just be mindful of what type of battery you have.  Some chargers will charge any type (NiCad, NiMH, Li-ion), while others will only do one, or a combination of them.   Most name brand chargers will do NiCad and NiMH, either automatically or with the flip of a switch.

For the money, I still prefer my Maha MH-C800S Smart Charger

« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2010, 20:19:46 »
Hey, I've got the exact same model. What I like about it is it will charge 8 batteries independantly from others (it's like having 8 chargers).

marvin_gardens

• Full Time Cacher
« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2010, 21:13:31 »
I have that same model as well.  What I don't like about it, is the regular NiMH's don't seem to stay charged when the batteries sit in the charger after being charged.  I was told my Maha, that there is a trickle charger in this model, to keep the batteries topped up.

graciious

« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2010, 06:45:30 »
Anyone know if there is a store you can buy said charger at?  I don't mind shopping online I just want to see if I can find it somewhere local.

lacwitt

« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2010, 21:02:48 »
"White top" duracells are on sale at rexall right now.  11.99.  As low as shoppers, but if you need some...

Tegiro

• Jr. Cacher
    • Descendants of Bertrand Chesnay
« Reply #20 on: November 20, 2010, 09:01:17 »
I have an old RadioShack battery charger for both Ni-Cd or Ni-MH type batteries.
I've just begun re-using it.
To charge 2 Ni-MH batteries that I just bought it quotes the time needed as:
Duracell 2650mAh X .0082 which equates to 21 hours.
Is this how long it takes to recharge these batteries?
Do others who use rechargables take that much time?
It sure seems like an eternity.
Maybe it's time that I buy a new recharger?

kirok

• Administrator
  • Big Time Cacher
    • Binthair Challenge
« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2010, 10:23:40 »
Most modern chargers will charge Ni-MH batteries in far less time.  Smart charges even less.  My Maha takes 1-2 hours.  You can get some that charges in 15 minutes if you need speed, but those chargers significantly reduce the lifespan of your batteries.

dcmg

« Reply #22 on: November 20, 2010, 16:31:06 »
"White top" duracells are on sale at rexall right now.  11.99.  As low as shoppers, but if you need some...

Shopper's flyer today has them listed at $6.99 today or $8.99 for the rest of the week.

--dcmg

Curious George

« Reply #23 on: November 21, 2010, 16:02:55 »
I grabbed 6 packs today...and cause I used my Optimum points, there were free. Free is my favourite price  ;D

Nikon-Guy

« Reply #24 on: November 22, 2010, 05:06:32 »
Most chargers will recharge any brand batteries, just be mindful of what type of battery you have.  Some chargers will charge any type (NiCad, NiMH, Li-ion), while others will only do one, or a combination of them.   Most name brand chargers will do NiCad and NiMH, either automatically or with the flip of a switch.

For the money, I still prefer my Maha MH-C800S Smart Charger

Hey Kirok,

Just a note, a feature with the MAHA Charger is the Conditioning button and the Soft charge button.

After every 10 or so regular charges I put it on a conditioning charge (which charges the batteries up and discharges it completely, then charges it fully again, takes about 16 hours).

The Soft charge feature, allows a more gentler charge for batteries that are less than 1000 mah.

Model12,

Unfortunately I've had a bad experience with the Duracell rechargeables and not really willing to waste the money again.

The set of 8 Duracell's that I bought from Canadian Tire, On Sale, turned out to be total crap.  These ones, I would charge up and less than I week later, I would test it with the battery meter and they were stone cold DEAD. >:( >:( >:( >:(

I think I'll stick with the Imedion's, PowerEx and the properly branded Eneloops.

Nikon-Guy

« Reply #25 on: November 22, 2010, 05:09:25 »
Anyone know if there is a store you can buy said charger at?  I don't mind shopping online I just want to see if I can find it somewhere local.

Total Battery http://www.totalbattery.com/

I deal with these guys when order my Lithium-Ions for my flashlights, Defib Units, and regular bulk battery orders (when I worked in Security).

graciious

« Reply #26 on: November 22, 2010, 05:36:09 »
Canada Computers has great prices on regular branded Eneloops, and decent prices on AA's I am pretty sure they are cheaper than costco.

kirok

• Administrator
  • Big Time Cacher
    • Binthair Challenge
« Reply #27 on: November 22, 2010, 07:12:41 »
Hey Kirok,

Just a note, a feature with the MAHA Charger is the Conditioning button and the Soft charge button.

After every 10 or so regular charges I put it on a conditioning charge (which charges the batteries up and discharges it completely, then charges it fully again, takes about 16 hours).

The Soft charge feature, allows a more gentler charge for batteries that are less than 1000 mah.

Yes, I am aware of the features of my charger, thanks.

Nikon-Guy

« Reply #28 on: November 22, 2010, 08:51:40 »
Yes, I am aware of the features of my charger, thanks.

Thought I'd mention it for others.

graciious

« Reply #29 on: November 23, 2010, 07:30:31 »
I was mentioning that canada computer has decent deals on Eneloops, they also sell the charger mentioned in this thread (Maha 800s) for 59.99 +tax.  Which seems cheaper than most of the places I have seen online.  They are local, with at least one location on 10th Line in Orleans.