Author Topic: Rechargeable Batteries - Sanyo's Enloop NiMH AA batteries  (Read 19468 times)

kirok

• Administrator
  • Big Time Cacher
  • "To boldly find what no cacher has logged before!"
    • Binthair Challenge
Re: Rechargeable Batteries - Sanyo's Enloop NiMH AA batteries
« Reply #75 on: November 29, 2011, 23:22:58 »
I have had similar success with finding rechargeable  batteries in the Fed Gov battery bin, and no issues reconditioning them in my Maha.  I have even salvaged crappy NiCad batteries out of old dead solar patio lights and fixed them up to be redeployed anew in clocks and other low juice required items. 

At this time, the only alkaline batteries in use in my home are in the non-hard-wired smoke detectors and carbon monoxide detectors. 

portera

• Big Time Cacher
  • Yes, I probably should be working...
« Reply #76 on: November 29, 2011, 23:48:45 »
Sounds like I need to invest in one of those Maha chargers. Thanks guys!

model12

• Administrator
  • Big Time Cacher
  • Rifling through your cache
    • SteveHanes.com
« Reply #77 on: November 30, 2011, 00:13:29 »
I just tossed 2 white Enloops that would not take a charge no matter what I did with them in my Maha MH-C204W charger...
Steve

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.”
- Dr. Seuss

graciious

« Reply #78 on: November 30, 2011, 05:25:17 »
If you are out to get some batteries and like the Duracell rechargeable.  The Duracell website has a coupon for saving 3 dollars.  Next time they are on sale it would make them even cheaper.

kirok

• Administrator
  • Big Time Cacher
    • Binthair Challenge
« Reply #79 on: November 30, 2011, 07:34:23 »
I just tossed 2 white Enloops that would not take a charge no matter what I did with them in my Maha MH-C204W charger...

Just remember you have to set it to "recondition" mode.  Takes around 12 hours, and not all the Maha chargers have this feature.

model12

• Administrator
  • Big Time Cacher
    • SteveHanes.com
« Reply #80 on: November 30, 2011, 12:10:58 »
Yes, this charger has a white button on top to set it to recondition. No matter what I did the lights kept flashing and the charging/discharging cycle would never start.
Steve

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.”
- Dr. Seuss

snoozejade

« Reply #81 on: December 01, 2011, 10:07:52 »
... No matter what I did the lights kept flashing and the charging/discharging cycle would never start.

You never mentioned what color was the flashing light so I will add this just in case and for others who might have the same charger (MH-C204W):

- Battery fault, such as shorted battery or alkaline battery, is indicated by a flashing red light;
     - The discharge phase of the reconditioning mode is indicated by flashing yellow light. Typically requires five
        hours for fully charged batteries.

thozil

« Reply #82 on: December 02, 2011, 13:07:59 »
Dell Canada seems to have a pretty good deal on Eneloops:  http://accessories.dell.com/sna/products/Accessories/productdetail.aspx?c=ca&l=en&cs=cadhs1&sku=A4620478&baynote_bnrank=1&baynote_irrank=0&~ck=baynoteSearch

1x Overnight charger, 8x AA Eneloop, and 4x AAA Eneloop for $30

It looks like this deal expires Dec 9th...

New Deal on Dell.ca - 6 x AA, 4 x AAA, plus recharger for $20 http://accessories.dell.com/sna/products/Accessories/productdetail.aspx?c=ca&l=en&s=dhs&cs=cadhs1&sku=A5608268#Overview

« Last Edit: December 12, 2011, 13:11:46 by thozil »

SigsPig

• Full Time Cacher
« Reply #83 on: December 09, 2011, 10:49:59 »
Shoppers Drug Mart is having another deal on Duracell's this weekend. Here's a link to the deal & coupons: http://forums.redflagdeals.com/duracell-mini-charger-precharged-4aa-4aaa-6-99-sdm-dec-11-12-a-1115763/

marvin_gardens

• Full Time Cacher
« Reply #84 on: December 22, 2011, 19:49:05 »
I'm going to put in a plug for www.paulsfinest.com   I received excellent customer service regarding my Maha charger which I feel deserves a mention.

I have a Maha C800S 8 battery charger that I bought through him 3 years ago, just after Christmas. On Sunday the unit malfunctioned. (about 11 days before the 3 year warranty expires).  I contacted him, expecting the response to be "contact Maha's customer service".  He replied back the same night, and asked me to try some things, which I had already done.  His response was ship it back to him and he will take care of it.  And he did... I received a new unit in the mail today!  Outstanding!

kirok

• Administrator
  • Big Time Cacher
    • Binthair Challenge
« Reply #85 on: December 23, 2011, 09:03:21 »
I'm going to put in a plug for www.paulsfinest.com   I received excellent customer service regarding my Maha charger which I feel deserves a mention.

I have a Maha C800S 8 battery charger that I bought through him 3 years ago, just after Christmas. On Sunday the unit malfunctioned. (about 11 days before the 3 year warranty expires).  I contacted him, expecting the response to be "contact Maha's customer service".  He replied back the same night, and asked me to try some things, which I had already done.  His response was ship it back to him and he will take care of it.  And he did... I received a new unit in the mail today!  Outstanding!

Good to hear (about the service not the failure). Bought mine from them as well. Warranty due to expire in feb I think. So far ( cross fingers) no issues.

model12

• Administrator
  • Big Time Cacher
    • SteveHanes.com
« Reply #87 on: October 19, 2012, 12:02:46 »

I'm going to give that a try too. My MH-C204W is on the blink, literally...one side won't charge it's pair of batteries.
Steve

- Dr. Seuss

BlackRose67

• Big Time Cacher
« Reply #88 on: October 19, 2012, 12:33:27 »

I'm going to give that a try too. My MH-C204W is on the blink, literally...one side won't charge it's pair of batteries.
I bought both of my Maha chargers (C9000 and C800S) from Pauls Finest.  No issues with the chargers, but great service from PF.

If you are in need of a Maha charger quickly, Canada Computers also sell the Maha chargers.
Not sure how the prices compare though.

model12

• Administrator
  • Big Time Cacher
    • SteveHanes.com
« Reply #89 on: October 19, 2012, 13:14:21 »
Paul ('s Finest) replied in person to my email regarding my wonky charger in under 20 minutes! I am out of luck for a quick fix though...
Steve

- Dr. Seuss