Author Topic: Geocache Containers - Protect your Investment  (Read 9999 times)

Lemmy Caution

Re: Geocache Containers - Protect your Investment
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2012, 13:06:55 »
I thought I had seen some bad containers here in Ottawa and Gatineau but when I visited my sister in London Ont., she brought me to one called Brain Freeze.  It was a slurpee cup on the ground in the shrubbery of a 7-11 parking lot.  ::) 

On another note, I think that Walmart plastic cell phone container wouldn't last one winter - I could see the plastic hinge snapping one cold day. 

« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2012, 11:04:25 »
I think these containers are not placed by COs. They're placed by tourists who want to log a find on a cache they can't find (either they're blind or it was muggled).

I also came across an old coffee cup with a piece of paper in a thin plastic bag under a rock in Iceland. I really doubt the CO used that container.

bluelamb03

• Administrator
  • Big Time Cacher
  • Good hunting everyone!
« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2013, 13:22:13 »
Have a look at this thread: http://canadascapitalcachers.ca/forum/index.php?topic=1467.msg11586#new

This is why a clear container is a good idea. If you can see the cache contents are harmless you are not going to call the bomb squad!

Blue -
Without shared stories we are strangers.
- Sheila Mendonça

elyob

• Full Time Cacher
« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2013, 13:39:45 »
I thought I had seen some bad containers here in Ottawa and Gatineau but when I visited my sister in London Ont., she brought me to one called Brain Freeze.  It was a slurpee cup on the ground in the shrubbery of a 7-11 parking lot.  ::) 

I wasted enough time DNFing that 7-11 cache in London.  I understand the temptation to drop a log sheet in some close-at-hand container, changing my blue frown to a yellow smile.

Angutas Rest

« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2013, 15:57:25 »
Until the cache was stolen, it was a good container. Even in the winter :)

http://coord.info/GC3J3YF

GopherGreg

« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2013, 20:21:37 »
Until the cache was stolen, it was a good container. Even in the winter :)

http://coord.info/GC3J3YF

I saw that. STF on it. where'dyou get it? I liked it!

airedales

• Baby Cacher
« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2013, 11:32:20 »
I have some caches that are over 7 years old, recycled peanut butter and mayonaise containers.  They seem to hold up extremely well, are watertight and don't degrade. 

I've had one cache where I've used a plastic lock 'n lock (a real one, not a dollar store type) and I've had to replace the container several times.  Naturally its the one that is the furtherest from home.