Author Topic: Hiking Poles - Protex Poles 24.99 at Sail (Reg 49.99)  (Read 1752 times)

graciious

Hiking Poles - Protex Poles 24.99 at Sail (Reg 49.99)
« on: October 31, 2011, 11:38:18 »

I have seen many people with different kinds of hiking poles, and I have been looking for some the last few weeks.  I decided to pick a set up but wasn't sure what I was getting myself into, until I started shopping around.

There are so many kinds of poles, and lots of different price ranges.  Since I am just starting out, it's my first pair, and I am not really sure how often I will use them.  I decided to go with a basic cork handle protex pole, they have the twist lock and a small spring "anti shock" system.

If you are interested in figuring out if Poles are for you or not, Sail has them on for 24.99

Re: Hiking Poles - Protex Poles 24.99 at Sail (Reg 49.99)
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2011, 13:20:17 »
You get what you pay for. 25$ is what seems to be the regular price for these poles (similar to what they have at La Cordée).

The twist lock mechanism usually tends to either get loose or freeze. Very annoying. Been there, done that.

You better shell up a bit more (60$) and get something like the Black Diamond Boundary poles. Two sections only (longer when stored), no "shock absorber", but the flip-lock mechanism will never fail, whatever is the weather or the usage.