Author Topic: Why Waymarking?  (Read 4804 times)

JSDAFM

• Jr. Cacher
Re: Why Waymarking?
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2011, 15:43:13 »
Anyone have a waymarking custom symbol on the GPS or how have you been waymarking?
GPS or with the iPhone/iTouch app?

« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2011, 12:38:33 »
Define "waymarking".  ;)

Some will look for existing waymarks, some will create waymarks in existing categories and others will do both.

When looking for existing waymarks, I guess you can use an icon on your GPSr to alert you when you're close from a waymark.

When creating waymarks, most of the time, you'll actually read the coordinates when you find something of interest, so you don't need an icon to find it. For benchmarks with "known" positions that you have to confirm, you can always use the benchmark icon from Groundspeak.

JSDAFM

• Jr. Cacher
« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2011, 11:53:13 »
I was thinking of the waymarking.com symbol.

I do like your idea of the BM.. but I'm currently using that symbol for archived but findable caches...
Maybe I need to change that symbol to something else and use the BM for the waymarks..

hidnseek

• Administrator
  • Sr. Cacher
« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2011, 07:37:49 »
On my 60csx I have the waymark symbol.  Can't remember where I got though. Will ask BQ as I suspect he pointed me to it. 

"I have to go. I'm conducting a seminar in multiple personality disorders, and it takes me forever to fill out the nametags."
— Niles Crane (David Hyde Pierce)