Author Topic: "Commercial" Travel Bugs  (Read 2284 times)

bluelamb03

• Administrator
  • Big Time Cacher
  • Good hunting everyone!
"Commercial" Travel Bugs
« on: July 20, 2011, 09:02:12 »
Ever since the Jeep TB promotions of a few years ago I've been expecting more and more 'advertising' travelbugs to appear. I've found a few of these on my recent vacation and brought them home to share.

In "Marionettes à doigt/Finger puppets", http://coord.info/GC30CKQ, I've left a couple of interesting travelers for the next finder, a Gieco Gecko travel tag, an Expedia travel tag and a geocoin from Converse County Wyoming. All seem to have a promotional 'contest' attached, which is not valid in Canada of course, though the coin seems to be the prize as well not just the advertisement.

Since these 'promotional' items are potentially money makers for GroundSpeak I anticipate more and more of them - the Crest Toothpaste trackable toothbrush for example.

Please post your ideas for Promotional Trackables here. We can take the best ideas and forward them to Seattle for their consideration!
I'll get the ball rolling with this beauty:

The Charmin Toilet paper trackable bear! It would tie in with the longstanding Charmin campaign featuring the family of bears who, you know, in the woods! And where do geocachers go? In the woods! The contest would be open to anyone logging a Charmin Bear, though at the moment I'm not sure what would be a suitable grand prize....

Blue -
« Last Edit: July 20, 2011, 09:04:01 by bluelamb03 »
Without shared stories we are strangers.
- Sheila Mendonça

Starkiller

Re: "Commercial" Travel Bugs
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2011, 11:15:39 »
... though at the moment I'm not sure what would be a suitable grand prize....

Maybe two or three bears for pets, to help you find the geocaches?  ;D

cavecats

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2011, 11:33:51 »
Charmin and Bears - the first thing that comes to mind is "scat"terred hides.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2011, 12:05:43 by cavecats »

model12

• Administrator
  • Big Time Cacher
  • Rifling through your cache
    • SteveHanes.com
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2011, 12:02:15 »
Grand prize = Lifetime supply...!?  ::)
Steve

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.”
- Dr. Seuss

narcissa

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2011, 21:43:58 »
While I'd rather not see advertising anywhere in geocaching, I can't blame Groundspeak for trying to increase their revenues. I think that keeping it to travel bugs - which are easily ignored - is a good way to do it. I hope they continue to keep advertising out of geocaches themselves.